What I Recreated: Fish taco

Originally written 2013

The Place: Tacoway Beach (formerly known as Rockaway Taco).

The Location: The Rockaways, NY

95-19 Rockaway Beach Boulevard
Rockaway Beach, NY
 
The Dish: Fish Taco

What's inside:

corn tortilla
fried fish- Tilapia I assume
slaw- cabbage and carrots
avocado
onions
radishes
lime
pickled veggies
 
By far the best taco I have had. The two times a year I make it out to the Rockaways it is never complete without a fish taco or two. Yes, you will wait in line. Yes, it is worth it.
 

My recreation:

Calamari Soft Taco
 
Ingredients:
 
Ezekiel sprouted soft tortilla 
coleslaw- bought prepared at Fairway 
calamari- sauteed with grape seed oil, pepper flakes, and curry
scallions
 
 
I got a little creative in crossing cultures, a little Mexican with a little Italian and a little Indian with a little American.
 
Deliciousness
 
Until next week!

Comments

Popular Posts