What I recreated: Whole roasted cauliflower, and the bit

Originally written March, 2013

The Place: Fat Radish*

The Dish: Whole Roasted Local Cauliflower, Castelvetrano Olives, Almonds and Pecorino

What is inside

cauliflower
castelvetrano olives
almonds
pecorino cheese
olive oil

I've been wanting to go to Fat Radish for ohhhhhhh 3.5 years now and finally went to dine with a fellow foodie/friend and dietitian. One word: delicious Two words: simply devine. three Words: abra ca dabra- it was like magic.

This dish was an appetizer dish. I thought to myself, I can tackle that.

My recreation

cauliflower- one chunk
garlic-crushed and chopped
Greek cured olives-chopped
almonds-sliced in half
sheeps milk cheese (Spain)- cut into small pieces
coconut oil- rubbed Cauliflower with it
olive oil- to drizzle
walnut oil- a tiny drizzle after cooked

Oven at 425 degrees F. I'll admit it, I lost track of time- which is why the little olive/cheese/garlic/almond mixture semi-burnt. Note to self and others, buy a timer, and set the timer.

*Update 2023: Sadly Fat Radish has closed its doors.

Comments

Popular Posts