What I Recreated: Smorgasborg of Veggies and Protein

 The Place: Dig Inn

The Location: 80 Pine Street New York, NY 10005

The Dish: Think of of it as a balanced smorgasburg of fresh veggies, protein and greens.

What's inside:

arugula
sweet potato
salmon salad- made with salsa I believe
Waldorf salad  walnuts, pears or apples, cabbage slaw)
grilled veggies- zucchini, onions...

Working down on Wall Street and living the hot, muggy, crazy busy city life, I have realized that eating out for lunch in "FiDi" is actually very balanced. Really, workers downtown should really appreciate the array of salad bars and Mediterranean take-out they have available.

At this fresh marketplace where you choose "greens or grains" a protein and 3 sides for a small plate. 

My Recreation: 

(The 4th of July Version)

Ingredients:

ground beef from Ottos Market in Germantown, NY
saurkraut
English muffin
mixed salad veggies
red skin potato salad with dill
curry cauliflower salad

I know I know, much of mine was pre-made (with upstate New York love that is). But the point is balance. Inside were protein, carbs, and some fat.

Comments

Popular Posts