What I recreated:Eggs Patatou

The Place: Cafe D'Alsace

The Location: 1695 2nd Avenue New York, NY 10128

The Dish: Eggs Petatou

What is inside

warm potato salad
Alsatian muenster
poached eggs

Although Cafe D'Alsace is not viewed as a "healthy" restaurant compared to other vegan/vegetarian or farm-to-table establishments, it has my RD approval.

The chef was born, raised and trained in France. In France, vegetables are often part of a meal. This has nothing to do with the level of education of the people eating them, and more to do with their food culture.

My recreation

sweet potatoes: chopped and sauteed with cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
two eggs, poached
one slice or sheep's milk cheese
arugula

I liked my choice of using sweet potatoes and the idea of a poached egg on top of potatoes was a perfect match. 

Bon Appetit!

 

Comments

Popular Posts