What is: What I recreated

 This blog will focus on recreating dishes I have enjoyed from various eating establishments. These dishes may range from a main meal of beef stroganoff, a simple broccoli rabe side dish, or a pastry I ate from a local cafe on a lazy Sunday morning. 

When and where it started

I started this blog in New York, NY in 2012, hence many of the earliest recreations hail from the Big Apple. As the blog grows you can expect recreations from such places as Dubai, Paris, Bombay, Greece, and many more. As I update this post today in 2023, I have decided to make a major change in my blog and not include photos of my meals I eat or the meals I recreate in my posts. I adore photography- taking photos and viewing "foodography," however I find that fixating on getting the "perfect" picture can take away from both of the dining experience and the recreating experience. I propose to you to view this as a way to strengthen your imagination.

My mission

My aim for this blog is to show you that not every meal has to have a structured recipe in order to taste good or to be nourishing. Cooking and baking are both an art and a science, and may I add that they are also cultural, philosophical, and, for some, therapeutic. For others they are a pain in the derrière. This blog is for both groups. 

Get dirty

Go ahead and use every dish in your cupboard and get flour in your hair, no recipe needed. Have fun, be creative and let's recr-eat-e your favorite away-from-home food and drink, in house.

"Clean eating necessarily implies that any other form of eating – and consequently the eater of it – is dirty or impure and thus bad, and it's not simply a way of shaming and persecuting others, but leads to that self-shaming and self-persecution that is forcibly detrimental to true healthy eating."- Nigella Lawson

Comments

Popular Posts