What I Recreated: Belgium Waffle with Fruit

Originally written 2013


The Place: Wafles and Dinges Food Truck

The Location: Wall Street

The Dish: Belgium Waffle with Fruit

What's inside:

Belgium Waffle- I am guessing flour, egg, milk, oil, and the like
strawberries
bananas
Speculoos spread

This famous food truck made it big and now has a storefront in the East Village (the wonder of waffles). I recreated one of their dishes when visiting family in Maine over labor day weekend. I used the waffle iron my Mum bought when she met my Dad in 1976. It still works like a gem.

My recreation:

The Dish: Buckwheat Waffles with Strawberries, Bananas and Peanut Butter

The Ingredients:

buckwheat waffle mix from Bob's Red Mill
2 Eggs
3/4 Cups Milk
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 sliced banana
some strawberries
Maine maple syrup
Teddy unsalted creamy Peanut Butter

The result: home on a plate. :)

Side note: Despite the name, buckwheat is a naturally gluten-free food. Come one and all. 

Stay Tuned for the next dish!

 

Comments

Popular Posts