What I Recre(drank): Turmeric Tonic

 The next few or so blog posts will be all about "Recre-dranktions," if you will.

What do I think about juicing? A freshly made juice a day, is great! A juice "detox" or "fast"? that usually gets revisited? I am not so keen on it. Juice has no fiber, but the Nutribullet keeps the fiber in with extraction blades.

The Place: Organic Avenue* (A repeat)

The Juice: Turmeric Tonic

What's inside:

alkaline water
ginger root
coconut sugar
lemon juice
turmeric
cardamom
black pepper
cayenne pepper
Himalayan salt

I first had this drink a while back, and though a bit pungent, the bitterness drew me in.

Then I had this drink again when I was not feeling well. BOOM, I felt instantly better, I figured $8 for a juice was not bad when you can spend $18.00 for meds at Duane Reade. (The year was 2013).

My Recre-drank-tion

Ingredients:

water- from the water cooler at my work on Wall Street
ginger root- sliced up- about the size of 2 dice
coconut sugar- a dash and a sprinkle
lemon juice from half a lemon
1 whole cardamom seed
black pepper- a dash
hot chili pepper (close enough to cayenne) - 1 sprinkle
sea salt- a dash
turmeric- a pinch/dash and a sprinkle


All put into my Nutribullet and mixed together for about 30 seconds

 I was quite impressed that I was able to match the taste almost exactly to how it tasted at the store. Plus, for a city girl on a budget, it was a win-win.

*Update 2022: Organic Avenue has sadly closed

Comments

Popular Posts