What I Recreated: Curry Chicken Salad Tartine

 Original post: 2013

Note: A repeat restaurant is being used here, which only means that I double recommend this place.

The Place: Le Pain Quotidien

The Dish: Curry Chicken Salad Tartine

What is inside

chicken- cooked and chopped
curry powder
harissa-cranberry chutney, on the side
mayo
fresh baked wheat bread
lettuce
radishes
celery
tomato
scallions
melon, on the side

My Recreation is a nice little twist on the French tartine with what I started eating for breakfast back in 2004 when I lived in Germany.

What I recreated

Breakfast Tartine:

dark, rye, German bread- 1 slice (often called "Fitness Bread" or "Muesli Bread."
almond butter- about 1 tbsp
Biscoff spread- about 1 tbsp
Greek yogurt- about 2 tbsp
Vegemite- a tiny, tiny bit spread on the bread
1 Banana

I divided the bread into 3 sections. One part Biscoff spread, another almond butter, and another Greek yogurt (it is thick so it spreads well), and this all on top of a TINY bit of Vegemite (that folate though) and topped with a sliced banana.

Comments

Popular Posts