What I Recreated: French Lentil Salad

The Place: Le Pain Quotidien

The Location: 1309 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10128

Other Locations: many (outside NYC as well)

The Dish:  Organic French Lentil Salad

What is inside

French lentils
chickpeas
avocado
flax seeds
garden veggies (arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots)
olive oil and lemon juice

Known better as LPQ this Belgium eatery is almost as easy to find in NYC as a Starbucks. Popular amongst natives and visitors as well as students (especially NYU dietetic students), you will always be satisfied with their fresh selections of high-quality ingredients. May I suggest the Belgium sweet spread for their fresh bread if you ever visit LPQ for brunch?

My recreation

I did not stray too far from the original:

French lentils and chickpeas (both soaked overnight and then simmered for about 40 minutes- the lentils took less time)
cucumber
tomatoes
avocado- one half. I cut the avocado in half and the side with no core I sliced in 4 parts length wise and 4 parts across.
arugula
olive oil and coconut vinegar
pepper

This was a fun salad to make since it was different than other quick dinner salads I mix up. The beans were a great addition and nutritionally powerful too!

Comments

Popular Posts