What I Recreated: Make Your Own Wrap

The Place: Just Salad

The Location: 100 Maiden Lane Gold Street New York, NY (Financial District)

Plus many other locations around the world.

The Dish: Make Your Own Wrap

What is inside

whole wheat wrap
mixed greens
radishes
asparagus
mushrooms
broccoli
Thai peanut sauce
steak
avocado

Everything chopped up and wrapped up!

My first experience at Just Salad was in Hong Kong, in 2011. Amongst the pork on top of pork wrapped in pork, my body was begging me for more veggies, low and behold Just Salad appeared on the street.

Bonus: If you buy a bowl and reuse it for your salad you get a little discount.

My recreation

organic whole wheat and flax seed wrap
radishes- sliced
asparagus- cut into thirds
broccoli- lightly steamed
mushrooms- sauteed
coconut milk and tomato paste mixed together for the sauce
chicken breast- cut up and sauteed in coconut milk
rosemary- also in coconut milk sauce
avocado- (1/2) sliced
mixed greens
mango- few slices- also in coconut mixture
shredded unsweetened coconut sprinkled on top

I put everything on a wrap and then realized that there was no un-messy way to wrap it up, so I ate it like a salad until I got to the point where I could roll up the ingredients in the wrap.

So there you have the last of New York's Favorite Chains.

Next Month the theme is Cultural Eating Habits. For example, Spanish Tapas, Dim Sum in Hong Kong, you get the idea!

Comments

Popular Posts