What I recreated: Hummus & avocado


The Place: Arabesque

The Location:

4 East 36th Street 
(Between 5th and Madison)
New York, NY  10016

The dish: Hummus with avocado

What is inside

chickpeas
avocado
olive oil
tahini
greens

I thought it would be fun to make my own hummus since it is something quite simple, and quite simply, something I do not usually do. 

My recreation 

1/2 avocado
2 tbsp tahini
2 cups chickpeas (rinsed if canned - recommend a BPA-free brand or cost savings buy them dried, soal overnight, and then boil to cook)
some lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
~1/4 cup water

I put everything in my Nutribullet, secured the extractor blade, and pulsed for about 30 seconds. That was it. 

The many shades of hummus

You made need to play around with the amount of water you use depending on what kind of consistency you want. You may also need to pulse, stop and scrape the sides, and pulse again. If you want a more Egyptian-style hummus add more tahini. Love lemons? Squeeze in the juice from another. Toss in a tad bit of chili pepper if you like the spice. You're the chef. 

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts