What I recreated: Montauk crudo

The Place: Rouge Tomate*

The Location: 10 E 60TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10022

The Dish: Montauk Crudo

What is inside

fluke
olive oil
jalapeno
grapefruit
fennel

Crudo means "raw" in Italian, and this dish was just the perfect starter for my 3 course restaurant week lunch. If you do not know already March is National Nutrition Month. This month I am highlighting restaurants that are also health-conscious. Rouge Tomate is an excellent choice with a beautiful space to wine and dine. The owners, along with other business and nutrition professionals founded SPE Certified dishes. SPE stands for sanitas per escam, which is Latin for health through food. They certify restaurant dishes as nutritionally balanced so you know that what you are eating is similar to something you would get if it was made in your home.

My recreation

Montauk "Cookedo"

flounder-cut into small pieces
olive oil
jalapeno-sliced
fennel-chopped
grapefruit- cut into small pieces
pinto grigio- because I love to cook with wine

While my dish was not raw, it still was a classic kick-off version of the crudo on Rouge Tomate's menu.

I tossed everything in olive oil, added some wine, and let it simmer. Dinner was served.

Next time I think I would not use the wine if I am using grapefruit (I know, I can't believe I just said that either).

So there you have it, where will she dine next time?

Comments

Popular Posts